Make a Starbucks Frappuccino for Php 13.76

Sunday, July 17, 2011



Never has a week gone without me getting my dose of this caffeine and sugar death in a cup. And it's not just about the over-commercialization of the brand but the idea of a Frappuccino is genius that I keep coming back for more. It's not also about the good-looking barista...well, a bit.

Now the idea of recreating this drink in your own home is definitely brilliant. I've actually tried before, but the drink just kept separating and it just looked pretty nasty (and tasted as bad too, since it wasn't mixed well). Little did I know that it wasn't about how well you mixed it but because of a secret ingredient called 'Xanthan Gum' which is a food thickener. I haven't actually come across something like that, but they say it's available in groceries so maybe I'll scout for one this week.



The Frap Recipe that I came across was from SquawkFox (ARTICLE HERE). In that article contains everything about the price breakdown to the actual recipe.

Think about 92% savings! Php 13.76 ($0.32) or  even roughly Php 15-20 pesos (compared to the Php 150+ price) depending on the cost of the ingredients. But still! The savings!



Then again all the hassle of buying the ingredients and actually making the drink is a lot more work than just spending for something instant. This article might also be pretty good for those who wish to get into their own mini-café business. It's best if you deviate from the recipe though, and add your own twist so it can have a unique flavor other than it being cheaper.



Just some thoughts for the coffee enthusiasts like me. More power to stress-inducing beverages! Have a good monday! :)

p.s. It's Cat not Kat. Get it right. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment