New found Beauty Must-haves

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Make-up haul!  Before anything else, I would like to clarify that this is not a sponsored post and I really mean every word.

Being morena, I used to believe that only nude, browns, and gold would work for me and I found comfort in that. I was never the brave and bold type when it comes to taking fashion and beauty risks so I never ever tried donning the statement lips.


But after much stay in the business that practically advocates (sometimes in silence) to take these risks, I've decided to give it a try.


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks are my starting option. With its lasting moisture promise (and smoother lips in 5 days as an aftereffect) plus 20 eye-popping shade choices, I figured it would be the best lipstick for my self-dare. I'm in-love with the shade Mauve-ulous! I can't wait to shoot with these babies!


Pond's Gold Radiance Precious Youth Serum. *insert chuckle here*
Why the heck do you need a youth serum, Cat?


I cannot stress the importance of taking care of your skin, especially the skin on your face, enough. I would of course recommend a skin care chart-topper like LA MER, but that's way beyond our budget. WILD DREAMS, I say! Ever since I first saw Pond's Gold Radiance on TV (Hello, Tweetie de Leon-Gonzalez) I got very curious. Real gold micro-particles on your face? Who are you, Charlize the Evil Queen?


Isn't the product packaging so interesting? It's like a magic potion! Haha.

Other than this product being light on the face and easy drying, I won't be able to claim instant effects. This is one of those products that you take daily and with patience. The day we come across our first sign of wrinkles and the day we realize we're old are not days we look forward to. Like any doctor would say, prevention is better than cure.

I wouldn't mind being Charlize, fyi.


Place a generous amount on your palm then apply unto face. Goodbye, first step! Maybelline Clear Somooth BB Stick is the way to go. It always had me thinking, if face foundation can be in sticks, why can't BB creams? And here's Maybelline granting the wish.


It makes everything so much easier and cleaner! I've already expressed my love for this a few posts back and even gave away some to 10 lucky ladies.


This is Clear Smooth BB Stick in SAND. Blends ultra easy.


If there's one product I can't go without, it's the eyeliner. Maybelline Hypersharp Liner will have to be the top beauty must-have for me. I've grown fond of the liquid liners and applying was never a problem because of the practice, and I left it at that (thinking that it was the only way to go to achieve powerful looking peepers).


But then this amazeballs of a product came about, and I was completely blown away. Eyeliner marker? Smart! Really sharp eyeliner marker? Genius!


And I drew on my hand to show you all how sharp and precise it is.


I'd like to find more products that have worked well on you. Please do leave a comment with products that are YOU-PROVED, and I'll hunt for them for me to try too. :)

I'll be doing product reviews on http://megastyle.ph so please don't forget to catch that!

xx C

9 comments:

  1. Pond's Gold Radiance! Interesting! Been seeing this in commercials... xP

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how much for that maybelline hypersharp? looks promising! :) Please hit me back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline Hyper Sharp liner costs P399 only! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been using Maybelline products since I ca remember 'coz they are sooo nice. :)

    Just bought an eyeliner from Tony Moly and it didn't turn out the way I expeced it to be. I might drop by the mall some time for that Maybelline sharp liner. :)

    Thanks for the share :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybelline Hypersharp Liner is worth every cent! I have been using it nonstop!! :)

    Gem
    http://gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does ponds gold radiance have an irritating scent? Some of their creams do and it irritates my nose. I couldn't stand it. :(

    http://latebeautybloomer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I limited myself to the same color choices too. But I found that red that's leaning a little bit to the plum family works for me (looks similar to what you bought).

    It's only this year that I started wearing bold colors... thinking of getting a bold pink one as well.

    I have that bb stick too, do you find it a little bit ashy sometimes? I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I actually did find it a bit ashy after a while. :/ But that's okay, it still blends. :)

      Same here, this was the year I experimented a lot! Try Maybelline's Fuchsia Fever. The pigment is AHMAZING! :)

      Delete