Best Fonts for Wedding Invitations Part 1

Monday, August 26, 2013

If you haven't already noticed, I've been going a little font crazy over my layout. Though I'm not yet completely over my serif phase (who gets over a serif phase, anyways? Look how pretty my Twitter segment on my sidebar is!), I now have sans serif (more of Helvetica) bleeding all over my site.

Type is love. People need to see, appreciate and respect great type. And that with that new found appreciation, I hope people also realize the value of a great graphic designer. (Just to be clear, I'm not talking about myself. But I feel really bad for all the printed materials that come to waste because of the work of a careless "artist".) We see a lot of bad font choices or layouts because a lot of people don't see the importance of investing on a real graphic designer. 

I will be sharing with you a series of font and layout ideas for various occasions, my current favorites. With that, we start with wedding invites:

(1) Brokgauz & Efron (2) Carolyna Pro Black (3) Caecilia LT Std

(1) Helvetica Neue LT Std (2) Napoleon Light & Bold

(1) Interstate Cond Mono (2) Margarita Script

Are you drooling yet? These fonts are gorgeous! I'll be coming out with Part 2 soon. As soon as I get the rest of my writing finished. I promise. ;)

xx C

2 comments: