Team Manila in Lucky Chinatown Mall

Wednesday, October 2, 2013


Lucky Chinatown has a special place in my heart. I remember that when it launched last year, my then boss Meryll and I went on a fun zero-cash shopping spree. At least for me, it was zero-cash. Meryll had spent a little more. Haha!


I had just arrived from Ortigas when I got the invite to attend the launch for Team Manila's new store in Lucky China Town, Binondo.

Travelling all the way to Philippines' Chinatown (which is the oldest Chinatown in the world, btw! Of course not as old as the country itself. Duh.) all the way from Ortigas, Pasig is a breeze when you're a Resorts World Manila member. From the Richmonde Hotel in Ortigas, there are shuttles at that take you to and fro' Ortigas to Newport, then you transfer shuttles that take you to Lucky Chinatown Mall... for free! And these shuttles are pretty neat, too. This is not a sponsored post. I'm sharing this because I'm happy that I didn't have to spend on transport. Good thinking, RWM.


Dear lord, these Chocolate Chip Red Velvet Team Manila Cupcakes from Sweet Patti Cakes are heavenly!

Team Manila's newest store (and last addition for 2013) carried some TM shirts and merchandise and Daily Grind clothing classics, all of which were at 50% off on the day of the launch. Unfortunately, this branch did not carry their newest collection. I would understand, though. The space is relatively smaller than most of their branches in the city. Despite that, and in true Team Manila fashion, the new area brought the all-cool street style demeanor to the heart of Binondo.



I have always admired Team Manila's witty wording and well-designed statement shirts. It's hard to break in and succeed in the shirt business, believe me! However, it's harder to find a statement shirt that doesn't make you look so full of yourself (or cheap). They have hit the design and quality, spot on. And to add to that, inject nationalism? Plus infinity.



Mo' money, mo' problems, they said.

I ran into my good friend Anina Rubio that day, too. She's the owner of accessories store Wear Mauve and now Brand Manager for one of my favorite brands, Lomography! I'm still just about to set up my DIY lomo camera (along with D), so maybe after I get that working, I can move on to the more serious film gadgets. Haha! Team Manila is the official distributor of these bad babies.

Lomography Premier Cru, Shoot Baby, and Diana F+

Let's talk!

XX C

1 comment: